Monday, October 6, 2014

Story Snippets - Part Seven

Hey everybody! This post was supposed to go up last Sunday, but… I really have no excuse, I just forgot.  Since you've been waiting so long for the next story snippet here it is.
If you missed the last snippet, here's part six.

------------------------------------------

Adam leaned over and patted Syrith to continue.  They flew over fields and hills, then farmland and houses.  After a couple hours they finally flew over a large village and Syrith started to descend.
“Is this Galvron?” Cierra asked.
“I believe so, let’s go find a shop keeper for you.”
When they finally landed they let Syrith rest under a tree while they went to shop.  The streets were bustling with people selling all types of goods, from food to jewelry.  Cierra followed Adam into a more quiet side of the town.  Then he turned and entered a small building.
“Is this it?”
Adam nodded, “You can look around while I’ll go get the shopkeeper.”
“Okay.”  Cierra replied as she watched Adam walk to the back of the room.
She looked around; there was clothing and supplies packed to the ceiling.  Cierra picked up a light blue satin dress.
“That one is my favorite,” Cierra jumped and almost bumped over a rack.
“You scared me.”  Cierra looked at the old woman who had approached her with Adam at her side.
“I’m sorry my lady, I didn’t mean to.”
“Cierra, this is Mariah.  She’s the owner of this shop.”
“Nice to meet you,” Cierra smiled.
Mariah apologized again, “I really didn’t mean to scare you ma’am.”
“No, no, it’s okay.  I’m not hurt am I?”
“No I guess not.”  She looked over at Adam who was patiently waiting for the women to finish speaking.
“Like I was saying earlier, Cierra here needs some new clothes and a few supplies.”
Mariah nodded and beckoned the two young adults to follow her.  They walked into a room at the back of the building. 
Mariah gestured towards a pile of clothes.  “You can pick whatever you’d like, then come talk to me when you’re finished.”
Cierra looked at all the shirts and vests that lay out in front of her.  She eyed a dark brown vest off to the side.
“I think this will fit me,” Cierra announced.
“Do you want to try it on?  Here, you’ll want a shirt under that.” Adam handed her a white blouse.
Cierra nodded and turned to follow him to a back room where she could try it on.
Mariah came up from behind, “Is that what you picked?”
Cierra smiled, “Yes, do you have more like this?”
“Sure, I’ll go find some more while you change.”  Mariah grinned.
Cierra closed the door to the small room and changed into the outfit she picked.
“You said you wanted a sack of supplies too?” Mariah asked Adam, after he nodded she then left to retrieve the supplies.
“I have a surprise for you when we get to Port Avalin.”  Adam grinned.
“What kind of surprise?”  Cierra asked.
“You’ll see. I have a friend taking care of it.”
“Here you go.  This sack has food, the other sets of clothes, and a sleeping mat.”  Mariah said as she came back.
“Thank you, how much will that be?”  Adam asked.
Mariah thought it over for a moment, “How about 30 pieces of gold?”
“Okay, Here is 28, 29, 30.” Adam counted out the money and handed it to Mariah.

“Thank you, come again.” Mariah waved to Adam and Cierra as they walked out of the building.

2 comments:

  1. I love this story snippet!! I'm excited to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are we going to get the next snippet? ;)
    I nominated you for the Best Blogging Buddies Award: http://awritersfaith.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-best-blogging-buddies-award.html

    ReplyDelete