Monday, October 6, 2014

Story Snippets - Part Eight

Hello everybody,
I apologize with the lateness of this post.  I've been caught up with school lately, but since I have found time to write up this post, you can now read it.
Here is Part Seven if you haven't read it.
Enjoy this new part of my story and I will try my hardest to get part nine out in two weeks.

-------------------------------------------

“Adam!” Cierra shouted.
“What? I gave her what she wanted.  Your dad gave me the money to buy you whatever you needed.”
“Okay, but tell me.  Would you pay that much normally?” Cierra asked.
“Course not, that amount of gold? That’s absurd.”
Cierra agreed. 
“Do you want a horse? Or are you okay riding on Syrith?”
“I’m okay with Syrith.” She smiled.
“Okay, let’s get going.  We have a long journey on our hands.”


Chapter Three-

 “How far till Port Avalin?” Cierra asked.
 “One more day.” Adam replied.  “Let’s find a good spot to spend the night.”
Cierra nodded.
Adam led the way until they had found a small clearing.
“Do you mind unpacking while I go find firewood?”
“Can I make dinner?” She asked.
“Okay, I’ll be right back.” Adam left to find the firewood needed for the night.
Cierra turned back to their packs and started to unload.  She pulled out their sleeping mats and some food for dinner.  I just graduated high school a week and a half ago.  Cierra thought to herself, now I’m in another world on a long journey looking for my father who I just learned about three days ago.  Her pondering was interrupted by something in the bushes a few feet away from her.
“Syrith!”  She beckoned, hoping for some help.
The dragon walked over next to Cierra.
“There’s something big in the bushes.” She said quietly.
Syrith slowly walked over to the rustling bushes.  Just then a huge forest wolf jumped out at them.
Cierra screamed.  The wolf leapt towards her baring its teeth and growling.  She tripped over a log and fell over.
“Help!”  She screamed again.
Syrith took a long breath in.  And in seconds hot fire and liquid came spewing out of his mouth onto the wolf.
Cierra got up and walked over to a tree and sat down.  “Thank you Syrith, You are definitely a life saver.”
 “What happened?”  Adam came running into the mess.
“A forest wolf attacked me,” Cierra pointed to the pile of burnt wolf and fire.  “Thankfully Syrith was here with me.”
Adam walked over to his dragon and started stroking his neck.  “That’s a first.”
“What’s a first?” Cierra sat next to the tree confused.
“He’s never used his ability to use fire before,” Adam smiled.
“I didn’t know that,” Cierra grinned.  “Now I’m even more grateful.”
“The wolf didn’t bite you did he?” Adam made sure.
“No, I’m fine.” She looked over herself,  “Only a couple bruises from tripping.”
Adam looked at the almost dark sky, “We should start a fire.  It’ll be dark soon.”
Cierra gave him a nod and started picking up the firewood Adam had dropped. 
After they had eaten, they rolled out their sleeping mats and made sure who was going to take the lookout job first.
“I’ll start and I’ll wake you up in a couple hours for your shift.  If you get too tired just wake up Syrith and he’ll take the rest of the night.”  Adam told Cierra the plans.
She agreed and turned over for a few hours of sleep.
Adam woke Cierra up.  “My turn?”  She asked.
“Yes.  Remember, if you get too tired just wake up me or Syrith.”
She nodded and watched Adam walk over to his mat.  This is going to be a long night. Cierra thought to herself.  She looked up to the cloudless sky and remembered that one night on her fifteenth birthday.  She wished she could see the stars every night, now she could.  Cierra smiled, remembering her life back in New York.  She missed Kacey; it’d been two and a half years since she had talked to her last.  She probably has made more friends by now.  Cierra choked and started tearing up.  “I’m going to call her when I get home,” She whispered to herself.  What’s happening to me? She questioned herself. My life was so boring, now I find out I’m a princess, my father is from another dimension, and I rode on a dragon for the first time. It’s like a fairy-tale!


1 comment: