Friday, April 15, 2016

A Trip to California: Introduction

Hello everyone,
I am excited to be leaving this afternoon for a weekend church youth conference, so I am squeezing in a blog post for you all.
Last September, my family and I went on a two week road trip to California.  And for the next three "post days"  I will be sharing what we did over two weeks of travel.  This series might involve what seems like,  some bragging, and I apologize before hand for that.  I realize some people may not be able to get out of the house for a vacation like this. I am grateful for this opportunity for the gift of travel.
I would like to mention that this is only an explanation post,  I will start posting about my trip on the first friday of May.  I hope that you guys will enjoy what I have in store for you.
This series of posts will involve lots of pictures, stories behind the pictures, and probably some sarcasm.  I decided to split this idea into three posts, technically four with this explanatory post, since it'll be two weeks worth of pictures and stories.  There were three sections of our trip, the drive to Colorado, and onto the stay at the Grand Canyon, California and the drive home.  The last two are combined since I didn't take many pictures on the way home.  There may have to be a small post just for San Diego Zoo though,  I will figure out what to do for that when the time comes.
Seeing as  this post is short... I guess I can give you a taste of what is to come.  Here are some pictures of the ocean from La Jolla Cove, in southern California.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 The order of the pictures are going to start with the sunset...  because why not?  This was one of my favorite sunset pictures I took, besides the one below.  
 I really like this sunset because of the reflection off of the water and the big palm tree on the left.  Waves are crashing against rocks and rolling into the beach, soaking the sand.
 Lot's of people were on the beach soaking in some sun and the sound of the waves crashing against the beach.  Whenever a big swell came crashing down on the sand, people would scream and start rushing up the hill to safety.  "Safety" as in not getting wet.
And here's a seagull for a bit of humor.  My brother and I were laughing at it because the beat of someone's music nearby worked perfectly with how the seagull opened its mouth.  It'd open it and then close its beak, whenever the music dropped or rose.  Sadly, I don't think this is actually why the seagull was opening his mouth... he was probably just panting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

And with that, I hope you all can be patient with me.  I will make these next few blog posts as best as I can.  I should also bring up the problem with emails...  If any of you read this over email and noticed the highlighting problem, I will fix it soon.  The reason for that is because I have a dark blog template.  Luckily it only happens if I paste something into my post, which happens a lot.  I've been thinking of making it a bit brighter and more welcoming.  So if any of you have some suggestions, I will take them and apply them to the reconstruction of my blog... unless it doesn't fit.  Let me know in the comments below if you are excited for this new series of posts I am going to do.
-Anna Jolene

4 comments:

  1. Those pictures are so pretty! *is jealous*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will try my best not to get you jealous again, but that'll be pretty challenging xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top picture is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really liked the colors and how they came to life in that one.

      Delete